Samsung S5 Photo Transfer

How to Transfer Photos: S5 to Computer


This is a rather straightforward procedure if you using a camera but if your using a Samsung S5 then it's not an obvious task. At least for me that is. I've a lot of experience with computers but not so much with phones.

When transferring photos from a camera to a Windows computer, the camera would be plugged in via USB, then the device would be found, drill down in the folders in Windows Explorer and then open the image folder within the DCIM folder.

The first time I attempted moving my pictures from my phone to my laptop it was quite a frustrating experience. I found the folder easy enough but trying to open the folder was a different story as the image (camera) folder would not open or maybe it would open but there was nothing in it.

So, I thought a little tutorial would help. I don't transfer images all that often so I still have to use this tutorial myself.

Follow these easy steps to transfer your images from a Samsung S5 to a Windows computer:

Method 1:
1) Connect your S5 to your computer with the appropriate USB cable
2) In the Home position, pull down the top bar on your phone
3) Tap 'USB Charging'
4) Tap 'Photo Transfer'

5) Auto Play window will open (Auto Play may open in the task bar within Windows Explorer
6) Open device to view files using Windows Explorer
Note: This method will transfer all images and videos on your phone

Method 2:
Follow steps 1 thru 4 above 
5) Close Auto Play window
6) Open Windows Explorer and open the Samsung Camera file
7) Drag and drop the desired images from the Camera file to the desired file on your PC
Or you can access the files as outlined below: 
Start> Computer> Samsung> Card> DCIM> Camera (double click on camera)
Note: If your phone does not have a memory card: Samsung>DCIM>Camera

  
I hope this helps.


Comments

Most Popular Posts

Your First Site on Blogger

Anti-virus on PC

I Gen

Which Computer do You Prefer

Total All-time Page Views