Anti-virus on PC

Anti-virus on Windows PC or Not



I suppose there are some instances where an anti-virus would not be necessary. If your PC never connects to the internet and if you don't download anything. Never connecting to the internet might be a tricky task as all PC's need to update. I guess I shouldn't say that either, I have a friend that never updates their computer and gets mad at the thought of it, saying, "Why does it need to update? It shouldn't have to do that!" Don't let ignorance be your enemy.

I'll speak from my own experience. In my early computer days I went years without any anti-virus. My computer was very slow and I can only now imagine what it was infected with.

Then I bought a new, faster computer and almost immediately encountered the 'blue screen of death'. With Malwarebytes and RKill I was able to get that computer up and running again but I always felt as if there was some remnants of that virus left behind. I installed a FREE anti-virus which required manual approval/disapproval of stuff loaded onto the computer. Trust me, if you don't know what your doing, like me, this sort of anti-virus will prove to lethal as well.

So, I bought another computer, this one came with Norton installed and from that day on (2010) I've had an ongoing subscription of Norton. 

Contrary to what some might tell you, anti-virus is not a waste of money and could very well save you money when you have to bring your PC into the shop for virus removal.

I was a non believer and nay sayer but I learned the hard way. Don't be like me, do some research, read the reviews and pick an anti-virus your comfortable with.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Your First Site on Blogger

I Gen

Which Computer do You Prefer

Total All-time Page Views