Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 Update on Compaq Presario


Recently I installed the Windows 10 update on a Wal-Mart version of a Compaq Presario laptop. The computer has a 1GHZ AMD processor with 2GB RAM. Before the upgrade the computer was a little slow but still usable. After the upgrade, the computer is now useless.

It is so slow I had to time certain events just to see how painstakingly slow it really was. I was trying to open an image from a picture file within the computer itself. I started the experiment with the computer off. From the time I pushed the start button to the time the image opened was an incredible 17 minutes. This same task before the upgrade was no where close to this time. Although I never timed the event before, there really wasn't a need to because an image would open in a reasonable amount of time.

Why the big slowdown? I'm not really sure and I'm by no means an expert but I know that Windows 10 uses a lot more system resources and I'm guessing the cheap processor and low RAM can not handle it.

The upgrade didn't go particularly well. It took three attempts to download the upgrade. Then it 'hung' on 99% installed, so I turned the computer off and when I turned it back on, Windows 10 was indeed installed, or so it said. To be honest the whole process was questionable.

Perhaps it is an isolated incident pertaining only to my situation. I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced this dramatic slowdown.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Your First Site on Blogger

Anti-virus on PC

I Gen

Which Computer do You Prefer

Total All-time Page Views